Sunday, May 13, 2007

A time to breathe.

It's been a while since we posted anything, but my camera is not very happy right now, and life has calmed down a bit.
I've even had time to do family history and have realized that I REALLY NEED TO DO FAMILY HISTORY!!!! So, over the next few years I may be driving everyone nuts asking them to look up facts or take family names to the temple. But it is all fun.

This is possibly the ophanage, actually a workhouse just like in 'Oliver Twist', that my great grandmother may have come from. Makes you count your blessings...



This is a photo I found of my paternal grandmother at her grammar school graduation. Talk about puffed sleeves!!!

Do any of us look like her?

I finally finished painting all of the kitchen, and have been cleaning out the nastiest places in our house and yard. (You know, those places really eat at you and you know where they are. But you just keep cleaning the same old obvious places and never feel really clean.) I figure if I just tackle the worst one each 'normal' day, I'll feel really good about myself. Empowering!!

We're also buying a 9.22 acre tract next door to Jon's sister in Texas. Hopefully, we close on it the 25th of this month and can start repairs and evaluate what in the world to do with it. (See Aaron and Kathrine's blog for photos of it.) Any ideas? So far we've had suggestions to plant grapes and fruit trees.

Jon took another graduate class this week in law, as it pertains to things like shooting felons and search warrants and high speed chases. He can now tell us what law came from what case study and what constitutional ammendment it uses.

Jon also gave a great talk in sacrament meeting today. He worked on it every day for 2 weeks.
Yesterday we hiked Kennesaw Mountain with the Young Single Adults and made it all the way to the top and back again!!! We've still got it!

Tomorrow we travel to Savannah GA where Jon gets to attend an insurance seminar and I get to play with a friend. Hopefully, we can post some great pictures of Savannah on the next blog entry.

Have a great week!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I want to know what the talk was about and what Dad said?

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home