Thursday, March 06, 2008

Mission for Mother


Yesterday one of you was talking to me about teaching children boundaries. I would recommend reading the book I gave to each one of you called "Mission for Mother, Guiding the Child" by Dr. Allred. It was the textbook for the BYU class CDFR 445. The class was so amazing that it's the only class I took that I remember the course number. The class professor authored the book. All of my kids were raised using his philosophy. It's great!!!
Also, when I was a young mother, once a month they had a class in RS about how to be a good mother. I have all the old lesson manuals and would like to share them with you. Any good ideas on how to do that? Another blog??? Then it could be a discussion.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom and Dad said...

You can CONSISTENTLY and kindly teach a child what and what not to touch:
yes, we can touch that
no, we never touch that
only touch that with a parent.
They LOVE to know that, but will test you a hundred times to make sure the boundary is actually there. - MOM and DAD

6:02 AM  
Blogger Floyd said...

What about me? I'm not a mother at all, but do raise kids...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Mom and Dad said...

Read the book - you have it.
love, MOM

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home