Monday, December 04, 2006

Welcome to life.

Our house is a disaster!
Tomorrow night I am taking the GRE - at age 53! I'm crazy. But it is very empowering to conquer my fear of math. (I wonder if I should next conquer my fear of heights???? Maybe there is a real reason for that fear.)
We've been spending massive time with my dad in the old folks home, eating with him, reading him stories about his childhood home town, and teaching him my GRE vocab words.
Jon just spent a week doing a 3 hour grad course for his Masters in Public Administration.
We are moving all the stuff from Jared's house to our house this week. We close for him on Monday.
We laid and sanded the flooring in our new room (see below) and now need to stain and seal it with 3 or 4 coats. Until then all Jared's furniture will be stacked in the dining room (really the furniture storage room).
One of my media releases for my PA calling interested a TV station and they will be filming a local church event this Friday.
But we can't be there then because our ward Young Single Adults are coming over to help assemble and deliver 36 Christmas bags...and to eat.
In between all this is a nice peaceful day at the temple.
And by Monday we will have grandchild #4, Anna and Danny's boy. I fly out on Tuesday to play Grandma.
All the out of town presents need to be wrapped, and some mailed before then.
We don't think we will put anything on our tree but lights. (Maybe they will red and yellow and orange rope lights...)
Did I mention that my mother has cancer? And Jon's dad is having heart surgery?
And we'd like to send out Christmas cards since we haven't for 4 years?
Welcome to life!!!! Does it ever slow down?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home