Saturday, May 23, 2009

What goes around, comes around

Jonathan Jacob Frost was born in the Princeton Hospital on Thursday. I was there today and the elevator happened to open up on the second floor. Right across from the elevator was a plaque dedicated to donors of the hospital. Now, I've been here looking for genealogy with not much success. There, right before my eyes was my great great uncle's name!!!!
There is a family story that he gave money for a wing of a hospital and I thought it was in Ridgefield Park, up nearer to NYC. Maybe he did. But he also gave money to this hospital, or rather the money was given in his memory by Forsgate Farms, a business he started.
So, I googled Forsgate Farms - and that is just east of here.
More sleuthing to do...

I was very touched to think that one of his future family members was blessed by his generosity!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Pagets in Florida said...

That is really great. Aren't you glad you were so familiar with the names to recognize it right off? I don't think I could do that for my great great grandfather.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home