Friday, February 20, 2009

Hope

The recent economic news has made my stomach do flip flops and caused me to turn off the TV.
But I love this quote from conference, p.23!!!:
'There may be times when we must make a courageous decision to hope even when everything around us contradicts this hope. Like Father Abraham, we will "against hope [believe] in hope." Or, as one writer expressed, "in the depth of winter, [we find] within [us] an invincible summer.'
Another good one from the page before:
'Hope is not knowledge, but rather the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us.'
What a blessing hope is!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Pagets in Florida said...

Strangely, aside from our stocks investments, we are feeling more financially secure right now than we have been feeling in a long time. That may sound strange, but I figure I will have 2 or 3 more years of school, which will be payed for by grants, I expect. We do not owe anyone money and we managed to even save some money this year due to our overpaying on taxes - the forced savings account. We may be cautious with our money, but we have always been that way. I figure that everyone else is just getting around to our way of thinking. (except we want people to buy new cars so there will be used ones for us to buy in the future.)

5:25 AM  
Blogger Mom and Dad said...

Just checking out my comment source - it seems messed up!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home