Friday, May 23, 2008

Projects

I started really painting again and it feels good. These are current projects.


This is my main project right now. It's about half done.

I'm also preparing to teach World Religions. There is one box for each session. It's really satisfying to review what I learned in my MA program and to apply it to a new context.
Tuesday I hit the jackpot in the 'as is' room at IKEA and bought 4 shelves for $10. each. Right away I came home and reorganized all the toys Montessori style. And the whole room looks like it's on purpose now.Solei approved.

And I'm working on New Jersey genealogy so I have a two fold excuse to travel there. Right now I'm dong Nana Baker's mother's family: Shields/Applegate. I actually imported 30 thousand Applegates into my mother's genealogy file!!!!! How in the world do you do that many names???? And, that is only one of her lines!!! Guess we'll need several NJ trips!!

Anyone interested in making a family web page with all the surnames on it so that other genealogists can link to us? Or, is there a free service we should be linking up to like Family Search??

Lots to do!!! Should be a fun summer.


4 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Thanks for sharing. All of that stuff looks really great! It is so nice to get organized. I am up for you coming multiple times. (wink, wink) When you come you can help me brainstorm on organizing Eli's toys.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Danny said...

Hey, if the temple work for each of those 30,000 people takes an average of 2.5 hours, that means we can look forward to 3125 days, or 8.5 complete years, in the temple! Alas, if we only spend 6 hours per day in the temple, it will take us 36 years. We'd better get started.

12:12 PM  
Blogger The Pagets in Florida said...

I may have some audio tapes of Nana Baker's memories. I will look for them.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Mom and Dad said...

I have the original Nana Baker tapes. Glad you have copies for safety!!!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home